Sunday, April 27, 2008

Sad Day

My Uncle had a stroke.

We were on our way to the rodeo parade when I got the call..."Carie, Uncle Charlie had a stroke." To say I was devistated would be an understatement.

My Uncle Charlie is the man who stepped in when a dad was needed. The man who stayed up all night putting togather my Barbi house so I could be happy on christmas morning, the man who had his friends hide behind every door in my house to trick-or-treat me because I was so sick...this is the man who kissed all my owies and held me when I was scared, and seeing him laying there, looking so small, broke my heart.

They said it was a minor stroke, and they gave him some pill that he said helped minimize the effects, his right side sagged on his face and his arm and leg were "gooey" (his words) but he was already gaining use of both limbs and even though his words are slurrred you can see a dramatic difference in his facial apperance as well. They said this was his wake up call, the warning alram that there was something bad going on...I told him he needs to take care of himself because I need him so much.

My Uncle never flinched at having to do things for me, and it carried over to my daughter. He loves her so much, I see the way he treats her and I remember how it was when I was a little girl. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers as he continues on this amazing road to recovery...

Thank you all so much for the love and support...it has meant the world to me :)

Carie

0 comments: