My favorite song...well theres 2 of them, so the first one is Down in the Boondocks by Billy Joe ROyal.
Its a song that has always seemed so true to me, I was born on the wrong side of the tracks, I was the poor girl who had very little, and I was picked on really badly for it...I even had a crush on a guy who was from the right side of town, and he told me once, we were like 13, that guys like him never ended up with girls like me, we weren't worthy of his life style. Talk about devistating me.
Down in the boondocks
Down in the boondocks
People put me down 'cause
That's the side of town I was born in
I love her she loves me but I don't fit in her society
Lord have mercy on the boy from down in the boondocks
i know the song by heart, i have known the words by heart since I was a very very young child, I guess I always knew it hit close to home. Its a song that I could relate to, one that gave me hope, that one day I could leave that life
One fine day I'll find the way to move from this old shack
I'll hold my head up like a king and I never never will look back
I did, it was a long hard road, but I left that life...I guess in a way its not that I left the place (although thank god I servived it) its that I found who I was, I was able to overcome being the poor girl who people picked on, I outgrew the hurt inflicted on me by the people who believed they were better than me...i may not be rich, I may never have all the materiel things people dream of, but I have everything I ever wanted...I have Ashley. She is the only dream I ever had, the dream of being her mother...its a dream I have always had, I dont remember a time when I did dream of having a perfect daughter named Ashley. Don't get me wrong, shes not perfect in the since that she has no flaws, shes perfect as in shes perfectly her...amazing, strong (way stronger than she knows) beautiful, so damn smart, and full of life and dreams...I am no longer the kid from down in the boondocks, born on the wrong side of the tracks, I am Carie, Ashleys mom...and I am happy.
The second song is You Light up my Life by Debbie Boone.
When I was a little girl I would sit by my bedroom window and listen to this song on my tiny little record player over and over again...dreaming of a different world, dreaming of someone taking me away.
So many nights I sit by my window
Waiting for someone to sing me his song
So many dreams I kept deep inside me
Alone in the dark but now
You've come along
I dont know that at the time I pictured a guy, just a person, someone coming and making it all ok, as I grew up I dreamed the person was my prince charming, the man who was going to love me forever, he was going to take me out of the dark place and make it all ok
You light up my life
You give me hope
To carry on
You light up my days
and fill my nights with song
I was a little girl with nothing but an imagination, and I dreamed of some amazing people recuing me, of the darkness disappearing, of my life being ok...this song got me through alot...funny thing is my brother used to also listen to it endlessly, I always wondered if he dreamt of the same thing, of someone saving us, I guess I will never know.
Well there you go, my favorite songs :)
skip to main |
skip to sidebar
This is my Place in the world to spill my thoughts and such and to possibly learn more about myself
Wednesday, May 25, 2011
About Me
- Carie
- I am a 33year old mom...I am in a long term relationship with a man I am wild about. I went to college to become a teacher and am currently seeking employment in my chosen field
For My Mom


0 comments:
Post a Comment