Monday, April 23, 2007

Damn

we are getting all new floors through out the house next week...its so damn expensive...we are getting wood in the living room, hall and all 3 bedrooms...then we are getting tile done in the bathrooms and in the kitchen, walk-in and around the fireplace. It will be a nice change, especially since Pup got real sick all over the carpet lol, I just can't seem to get the stains out no matter what I try.

We are picking up the rest of Ashley bedroom set Tuesday, that would be here entertainment center and her new dresser. Its a nice set, light wood and a captains bed so she has allot of storage. She has worked hard on her room in the last week...she got rid of so many things so that she has more space, and we got rid of all the "childish" things lol (well except all the things we hid from sight lol).

We are getting a beautiful captains bed for our room as well. Trust me we need it. In our small ass room we have everything I have owned my whole life and now all of his stuff to lol, so yup we are smashed in here...so we are going to get the bed with storage and then save up for a new dresser and TV armoire.

Wednesday we are also going to buy our new couch, its so cool. It's a sectional and has 2 recliners and then a sofa sleeper (we needed a sleeper for when grandma stays over). And if we have any money left over we are going to get a new dining set, one of those pub style ones that's higher with high chairs, that way the dogs won't swipe my food as much lol...we have been needing to make changes to the house for awhile and now we can do it...slowly we will have it all nice.

In the backyard we are going to make the patio bigger and change the whole look, it may wait a little while but it will get done this year I hope lol...we have big plans on a small budget...but here's to hoping.

___________________________________________________

OK I have to add this for all those people who buy stuff and put it together...DO NOT DO IT AS A COUPLE!!!!!!!! See I have put stuff together my whole life, its something I am ok at...I can follow instructions pretty damn good lol...well with Ashely's bed I saw it on the showroom floor put together, since it was the only one they took it apart and we brought it home...now remember I know what it looks like.

So Ken and I start to put it together and all hell breaks loose...for what ever reason he has a short ass fuse when he has to put stuff together, and this time it just got to the point where he was being plain mean. I tell him how it goes and he tells me I am wrong, and not nicely trust me. I try to show him but its at a point where he doesn't want to hear me and I am beyond pissed off at him....he just kept snapping at me and the shit made me cry...yup I turned my back to him and held strong and said I don't want to fight with you...then he stormed out of the room and I went to the restroom and sat on the bathtub edge and cried.

After we both calmed down we finished putting it together...but man I will never do that again if I can help it. We had never fought before, it was a first for us, but I didn't like it...I hate fighting, hell it just scared me, flash backs to a scary time for me...but I don't understand why he was like that...hell, my pop is the same way, whenever he has to do something he gets so mean I have to leave...is this a man genetic thing or just a mean streak...whatever it is I hate it!!!!

So word of warning if you enjoy putting things together don't try and have fun doing it with someone else lol....

Til later, Carie

1 comments:

honkeie said...

I love hard wood floors...in all ways ;) lol
But on the topic of putting stuff together....I never even try. The little woman does that. I can carry it in the house, hand her the parts and tighten up screws. But she is the one that does all the assembling of stuff. I know i suck at it and just except it. Men who think they can.....usually can...breakin in 2 seconds flat.