My daughter is my biggest critic, judging everything I do.
when she was little I was a big rockstar in her eyes, she saw no flaws, she only saw her mom, the mom who loves her and adores her, the mom willing to do stupid shit just for her, but as she has gotten older she now judges me in such a harsh dark light.
Everything I do she flips and turns and makes bad, everything I say she tries to make it horrible...we can no longer joke, when I do she gets so angry at me and then refuses to talk to me...everyday I am fighting a losing battle with her...I just want her to know I love her, that she is so perfect in my eyes...but no matter what I say or do she is angry at me.
I know the living arrangement here sucks, the fighting is horrid...my mom and me just can not get along at all...but really? Why the hell does my daughter hate me so much? Why does she see only my flaws? Why doesn't she want to know me? Why has she never once wanted to hear anything about my life? Its because shes ashamed of me, its because I am different from the other moms...and for that she will never forgive me.
I would give anything to win Ashley back, to find the magic words that allowed her to know me, to see the mom thats always been there...but I am so scared I have lost her, I am terrified that she will never see past the outter shell...
I had a fucked up childhood, a truely fucked up one...but she has no idea about any of it, she refuses to hear it, and I swore I would never do to my children what was done to me...and I haven't, but some how none of that matters.
I seldom punish Ashley, shes a damn good kid, she works so hard to do all thats right in a world that is forever trying to tear her down, she has risen above so much bullshit, she really is amazing, I give her everything I can...literalyl and I always feel its not enough. I try and take her places, let her experience things I never did...its just so hard to relate to her because she is everything I never was.
I was the ultimate fuck up, let everyone down just by being born, I was super quiet, never talked to anyone in my family at all, kept to myself...hard to let people in when you are told from day 1 you weren't wanted...I hid everything in my life from my mom because no matter what she would put me down, say things that were way out there...for the first half of my life she sat on the couch and never moved...never went to any school thing, never spoke to us, never did anything...my brother and I took care of each other. this led to David resenting me, he hated that he had to take care of me, it led to me having no respect for my mom, why respect the woman who would rather sit and stare at a wall then be with you?
I just never fit in anywhere...never have never will. But I always wanted more for Ashley, I wanted her to always know how much shes loved and wanted, I always wanted her to know no matter what she is my life...but no matter what I do she hates me.
What the hell do I do to fix it, what do I say to help her see me?
My heart is bad...really bad, and my blood preasure is so bad I am on 2 pills for it...there is so much bad stuff happening with my health that me having a heart attack at any moment is a real thing...and I don't want to leave this world having her hate me, I want to make sure she knows how loved and cherished she is, I want to appologize to her for not being the mom I once was, pain can destroy a person. I want more than anything for her to see how amazing she is, I want her to know that she is honestly one of the very best people ever and that she is loved...
skip to main |
skip to sidebar
This is my Place in the world to spill my thoughts and such and to possibly learn more about myself
About Me
- Carie
- I am a 33year old mom...I am in a long term relationship with a man I am wild about. I went to college to become a teacher and am currently seeking employment in my chosen field
For My Mom
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(58)
-
▼
June
(16)
- No title
- I want to get my daughter amazing art supplies for...
- You have to take the good with the bad, smile with...
- Camping
- (Sleep Please!!!!)Since Ashley started this sumer ...
- My yellow roses look amazing this year
- My daughter is amazing :-) everyday she amazes me ...
- Talking to a brickwall I tell ya :-|
- Tired of him walking away when I talk to him, shut...
- I hate the heat, it makes all my problems worse......
- My sisters keeper...wow...just wow
- Today is the last day of sophmore year for ashley....
- Rehomed all the kittens, getting their mama fixed....
- Critics
- Dark thoughts can drive a person to insanity. My ...
- i am in so much pain, my body feels like a prison,...
-
▼
June
(16)


0 comments:
Post a Comment